Video is the best performing content type across every social media network, and YouTube is the leading online platform for video viewing.
If you’re looking to maximize your video campaigns, then YouTube should definitely be in your planning. You can set up a YouTube channel for your business, upload your updates, optimize your listings, and draw increased traffic, both from Google search (note: Google owns YouTube) and on YouTube itself.
And if you are looking to make YouTube a bigger focus in 2020, then this collection of stats from the team at Hootsuite will come in handy. The below highlights some key usage insights for the video platform, which may help you in your strategic planning.
- YouTube has 2 billion logged-in monthly users
- 81% of 15-25 year olds in the U.S. use YouTube
- Almost 15% of YouTube’s site traffic comes from the U.S.
- People upload 500 hours of video every minute.
- Each visitor spends 11. 24s per day on YouTube, on average
- 70% of what people watch on YouTube is determined by its recommendation algorithm
- Each visit to YouTube involves 6.5 page views, on average
- Over 70% of YouTube views are on mobile
- In the U.S. alone, YouTube will make 5.5 billion dollars in advertising revenue in 2020.
- YouTube is the second most preferred platform for watching video on TV screen among 18 to 34 year olds.